01. our mission
Our Mission is to contribute to sustainable development through follow up of the Johannesburg summit outcomes and subsequent global declarations in Uganda.
01. objectives of UCSD
Our development objective to increase the public participation and civil society network’s advocacy in order to influence and enhance implementation of national, regional and international levels of Johannesburg Plan of Implementation.
02. our specific Objectives
- Initiate and support the processes of dialogue on sustainable development issues at national, regional and international levels.
- Undertake advocacy work in to promote sustainable development principles at national, regional and international levels.
- Provide and facilitate forums for exchange and dissemination of information
- Establish and maintain an information center that will facilitate civil Society Organization and NonGovernmental Organizations capacities to influence and enhance sustainable development.
- Support the generation of information and research topics relevant to enhance sustainable development at national level and beyond.
- Support other initiatives that aim at promoting sustainable development at local levels and beyond, through Coalition members’ efforts.
03. Our Vision
The Vision of the Coalition is humanity sharing the resources of our planet in a Sustainable manner guided by the principles of universal justice as set in Rio and subsequent summits.
The purpose of the Catalogue is to popularize local solutions in support of sustainable energy and development, specifically best practices in technical solutions and proven financing models.
It consists of 61 sustainable solutions in 7 categories in East Africa, specifically in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. These categories are cooking, cooking fuels, light and electricity, water, growing food, transport, solar heat and others.
Read the online version and a print downloadable version